Want to know more about Cathy’s Dance?
….read on. As people ask more questions, we’ll add the answers!
Q. Why dancing in the dark?
We wanted to share the fun of it….it’s unexpected…it’s invisible …it’s freeing …it makes you smile… We wanted to share the experience – the experience that Cathy enjoyed – it made sense for it to be Cathys dance!
Q. Where did the concept of Dancing in the Dark come from?
We’re all the same with the lights out – barriers disappear – we’re free to be what/who ever we are – no judgments. You can read about how we dreamed it up, right here.
Q. How’s it all going to run on the night?
Here’s the running order :
Cathy’s dance for Hope at the TSB Stadium, 1 Rogan St, Welbourn, New Plymouth 4310 on 18th October 2018
Q. What do I need to bring?
- 7.30pm – Doors open
- Registration & Welcome
- Prelude – Street Theatre Style – mix & mingle
- 8.25pm Welcome Speeches
- Lights dimmed (The lighting will be such that you can either Dance in your own space – or dance with your family & friends)
- Announcement of Let’s Dance – Collaborative mix of music by The Most FM
- Finale – Approx 1 hour later
- Thank you to all
Your passion to boogie! Those with mobility challenges can dance slowly or seated…
Q. What if I can’t make it to Taranaki on 18th October?
- Please wear dark clothing.
- BYO water – Keep personal items/valuables on you – No cloak room facilities
- No Door Sales – Entry by Registration only
You can STILL be a part of it! And we are super-keen that you do. Many, many people will be joining in from their own place. If you’re not able to make it in person, we invite you to raise sponsorship by dancing in the dark from the comfort of your own home – and tuning in to our Live Stream on Facebook – and Dancing your SOCKS OFF!
Q. What if I have a question that’s not answered here?
Call Taranaki Retreat on 06 215 0993, or email [email protected]
and ask away!
Back to Cathy’s Dance Home Page.